Apricot White Chocolate Walnut Scones
The small amount of Grand Marnier adds a richness and depth to the orange flavor in these scones.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of unsalted butter chilled and cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup of half and half
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- Confectionary sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the half and half, egg, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl or in a mixer, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the butter and set the mixer on low speed. Beat until the mixture appears to have coarse crumbs.
- Add the cream mix to the flour mix and stir until combined.
- Flour your hands and the countertop and knead the chips, apricots, and walnuts into the dough.
- Shape the dough into a circle and slice like a pie into eight wedges.
- Transfer wedges to a cookie sheet either lined with parchment paper or lightly greased.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Dust with confectionary sugar and serve warm.