Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Muffins
These muffins bring together many of the classic flavors of New England.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Grease and flour muffin tins and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, cream, sugar, syrup, and vanilla.
- In a second bowl, mix flour, oats, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of this flour mixture and toss with the blueberries.
- Add the remaining flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Fold in the the blueberry mixture.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.