Janet's Famous Island Granola The small amount of Grand Marnier adds a richness and depth to the orange flavor in these scones.
- 8 cups of oats
- 1 cup of sweetened coconut
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of nonfat dried milk (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place all dry ingredients (oats through cinnamon) in a large bowl and stir together.
- Add oil, honey, and vanilla to dry mixture and stir well.
- Spread mixture on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and mix thoroughly again, spreading mixture back out on cookie sheet when done.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Try using pure maple syrup in place of the honey.
- For a sweet spin, add raisins, craisins (dried cranberries), or dried apricots after the granola cools off.