Orange Chocolate Chip Scones with Grand Marnier
The small amount of Grand Marnier adds a richness and depth to the orange flavor in these scones.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (or Triple Sec)
- Zest of one orange, chopped
- Confectionary sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream, egg, orange zest, and Grand Marnier.
- In a large bowl of mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add butter pieces to the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until it takes on a crumb-like appearance.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix on low until blended.
- Flour your hands and countertop and knead the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Shape dough into a circle and slice like a pie into eight wedges.
- Transfer the wedges to a baking sheet, either lined with parchment paper or lightly greased.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes.
- Dust with confectionary sugar and serve warm.